- I hope people are getting it. I really do.
- I had way more f*cks than I thought I had. I gave way more than I initially wanted to.
- I tried not to go super deep because I felt like I had to let everyone else do they work they’ve been saying they’re eager to do. Yet and still, I posted resources.
- I am not alone in this feeling. Notice who spoke up first and really highlighted what was going on in the craft bubble. Notice how often they are/aren’t posting.
- I get that people are realizing and learning, but it’s also sad/maddening/frustrating to have people say, “I had no idea!” You had no idea?!? None? No clue whatsoever that racist, trash-ass mess is afoot?
- I wish I was in the mood to come up with a gif, but I don’t want to bring humor to this post right now. Humor used properly can bring layers to a point, but not when people think the humor removes any responsibility on their part. There is still an unspoken rule that says that we have to make white people comfortable when addressing them about anything.
- If you shared posts, gave some ko-fi, posted your fibery hands on IG, bought from BIPOC crafters, make sure you back that up by educating yourself. Educate your family members and people you know/see on a regular basis when they say something inappropriate.
- This is not a 1,2 step to racial harmony. This might be the first wave. It might be some more dumb mess coming around the corner. Be ready when people say, “I’m glad things are back to normal.”
- I’m still wondering why certain prominent industry people have not said something.
- I’m wondering if it’s more comfortable for people to address racial inequality by comparing it and viewing it in the light of other versions of inequality.
- I want to post about knitting and other things, but I’m afraid that people will think that it means that everything’s alright. It’s not.
- The MAGA teens…where are their parents? If they had a stable home, they wouldn’t be out here like this. What happened to the strong male figure in their lives? They need to respect their elders and have some decency. I don’t want my kids going to a school like that.
- Read up on the racial tones related to school choice and check out anything that Nikole Hannah-Jones writes.
- Jelani Cobb is also great for everything.
- And, for the record, those kids’ parents were probably either at a plantation sleepover weekend (stop doing those!) or watching football and complaining how Black people won’t just be respectful of the flag and stand for the anthem (police brutality is what Colin Kaepernick is protesting by taking a knee).
- This is the anthem that includes such lyrics as
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.Click and read to get the real on the anthem.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
I’ve been posting here and on IG and just stepping back and letting people communicate and figure some things out amongst themselves. Funny, only once was someone called a troll, and that person apologized. You mean, when you give adults safe room to open up, address their known/unknown biases, and be informed adults who learn, that they actually do better?